The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

To Enchant an Eagle - Amber Kell This book is the third book in the series and it's best to read it as part of a series since the other characters have pretty substantial parts in the book and plots are being carried over.

Eaton and Marty are probably the most stable couple we've seen yet. We miss a lot of the initial groundwork of their relationship b/c they've been dancing around each other for months by the time the story starts and Marty already knows that Eaton is his mate and is making life changes in order to make his life suitable for him.

I liked Eaton and Marty and I liked that even though they had conflict it wasn't of the "miscommunication/misunderstanding" variety-and given part of the plot it EASILY could have gone down that path. They seem to be a solid couple, both are easy to like and neither seems to be the "dominant" partner-they seem to be on equal footing, which in a shifter story is kind of rare.

The only thing that bugged me is that there is a supporting character that does something truly heinous and then "redeems" (oh my eyes they are a-rolling)himself by doing something "self-sacrificing" (never mind that the situation that required the "sacrifice" wouldn't have been set in motion if they hadn't been a self-serving, morally bankrupt, dirt weasel) and now is sticking around. I hate characters that "grand gesture" their way out of their bad acts. Redemption should be more than one grand gesture away, especially when the character in question puts other characters at risk.

Warrior's Cross