The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Forbidden Mate - Toni Griffin I loved this one. I was wary of it after reading some of the reviews but it was a pleasant surprise. I had been curious about Jake and Patrick since the first book so finally getting their story was treat.

I do feel like their separation could have been avoided if Jake had just TALKED to his Alpha and his mate so the reason for them being apart for so long was kind of flimsy but I feel like the love and emotions between the MC's made up for it.

And Liam was adorable. I loved him.

The epilogue was cute as well. The shifting POV's didn't bother me in the least b/c the writer made it clear when a shift was coming and who was speaking when and I loved getting to see how all the brothers and their mates ended up.

Warrior's Cross