The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

To Catch A Croc - Amber Kell This book was a light, easy read and I did enjoy it.

First things first: The blurb doesn't exactly fit the book. The Saltwater Crocs are more of a background plot than anything else and barring a couple of tense moments they don't really play heavily into the plot.

I really liked Denton. I did feel his character got a little "soft" in this story from his characterization in the first book however. That aside, he was still a character I adored and I also found his mate Isaac enjoyable as well. There were several sweet moments in their relationship that, for me, added depth and made their emotions seem like more than the mating bond. Isaac's actions in particular, the things he does with Denton in mind before they are even together, made me melt.

The plot is a little thin but the characters are interesting enough to keep interest alive, and we get a glimpse at who will be the next of the brothers to mate :)

Warrior's Cross