The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Accepting His Human - Charlie Richards I liked this book. The concept isn't terribly original but the execution of what is a fairly standard plot for shifter stories is done beautifully. I liked the MC's and the continuation of the story arc from the previous books. I'm enjoying the world these stories take place in and love how they are all threaded together.

The only major gripe I have is with the cover. As a QPOC (queer person of color) one of the things I appreciate about this series is that there are POC's in the books. Drake is clearly described as bi-racial and having the physical characteristics of a bi-racial male. The whitewashing on the cover really bothers me b/c it takes away one of the aspects of the series that makes it so refreshing for me- it removes the representation of the POC MC character in the book. It may seem like a small complaint but when you are a member of a group that gets precious little representation to begin with, erasure on any level hurts :(

Warrior's Cross