The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Love, Always, Promise - Stormy Glenn I confess I have a bit of a thing for my fictional couples having relationship dynamics that would NOT be okay in real life. I have a particular weakness for when one partner does something crushing to the other and then they have to try to overcome it...

That being said, I have a major pet peeve with those stories when the partner that's been hurt is TOO forgiving TOO quickly. I feel like for whatever damage that's done the road to forgiveness should be as profound and that didn't really happen in this book. Ethan flirted with doormat territory; he was a little too accepting and a little too forgiving a little too quickly for my tastes.

But other than that this was a fairly straight forward shifter romance and I did enjoy reading it. Ethan may have been a softer touch than I would have liked but he was a good person and I found myself wanting him to be happy and rooting for Jace and Ethan to overcome their obstacles and get their HEA.

Warrior's Cross