The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Oliver's Heart - Lynn Hagen I have to confess I really wasn't too enthused about reading Oliver's story. He had been HORRIBLE in previous books and I really didn't like him. This book however gave him a chance to redeem himself and explain his behavior and let us readers open our hearts to him.

I still think that Oliver got off way too easy with his behavior. Every single one of the mates had undergone some type of trauma; he wasn't alone in that and his nasty behavior actually added to the emotional scars of other people -especially his brother's. But at the end of the day he showed himself to be a good person and Micah showed amazing amount of care and patience in dealing with him and helping him come out of his protective shell and stop being so horrible.

My biggest complaint is that I wish there was some closure with Blair and Oliver's father. It just doesn't sit right with me that he was left without punishment, especially given how heinous his crimes were. Their father was a child molester ; someone like that is going to keep adding victims until they are stopped. I would have liked to see the boys get some measure of justice and him pay for his crimes.

Warrior's Cross