The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Maverick's Mate - Lynn Hagen This book was my introduction to Lynn Hagen stories and The Brac Universe (Brac Pack, Brac village, Christian's Coven, Demon Warriors, Zues's Pack and The Exiled) and it got me hooked. If you're a fan of paranormal shifter stories in general and the mate trope in particular there really aren't going to be any surprises here: There's the recognition of a mate by scent, the over protectiveness, the possessiveness, the Alpha male shifter and his less dominant mate and all the things a fan of the genre would come to expect.

So even though the story didn't break any new ground, I found it engaging and enjoyable. I loved Cecil and Maverick and while I know some people don't like "instant love" it doesn't bother me. There was the right amount of heat and sweet and enough of a plot to keep me reading and get me hooked on the entire 'verse.

Warrior's Cross