The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Ethan's Earl - Vicktor Alexander The world that these stories exist in has me so curious. It's like part regency, part fantasy, part steampunk and part sci-fi but all amazing. I really hope more of this series comes out b/c I'm pretty much addicted to it. Plus, I've read enough (and written enough) fanfiction in my day to not be the least bit thrown off by mpreg.

I did wish a little more time had spent exploring Ethan's missing year and how he felt about essentially being raped and forced to have a child and then having that child taken from him and I definitely wish more time had been spent on an explanation of Ethan's powers b/c I don't understand why he didn't use them to benefit himself b/c goodness knows he could have used some help so that he didn't end up in some of the situations he ended up in, but overall I liked the story and I liked the relationship between Ethan and Alex. And Ice became a favorite as well and I am crossing my fingers and toes that William gets a book soon b/c I fell in LOVE with him in the very short cameo he had in this book.

Warrior's Cross