The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Broken Bonds (Souls in Bondage, #1) - Lex Valentine This book. I admit right off the bat that Kellen is a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad Dom. Like 0/10 do not recommend.

But Haven is just *sigh*. You can't help but love him and want him to be happy after all he's suffered. And that just makes you MORE upset with Kellen.

Confession: I have a thing for stories where one party hurts the other badly and must win back their love. They are like my crack. With this one though it hits on a complaint I have with those type of stories: The offending party not having to work nearly hard enough to win back their partner. Kellen should have had to jump through flaming hoops of fire and crawl over broken glass just to get a CHANCE to POSSIBLY win Haven back. It just came way too easy and after the horrific way he acted it upset me that Haven was THAT forgiving THAT quickly.

But this book hit so many of my buttons that it earned a spot on my favorites shelf.

Warrior's Cross