The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Mickey's Duke - Vicktor Alexander I love the world this story takes place in! It's so interesting and it incorporates so many different elements.

Mickey and Evander are a sweet couple and you find yourself really wanting them to work, if for no other reason than Mickey captures your heart.

The only hiccup in the book for me was the conflict surrounding Mickey's stepson Carl. It required a little more suspension of belief than I could manage at times to put up with Carl's presence in the book. It seems like he should have been gone long before he was and Mickey should never have been in the danger he was in b/c Carl shouldn't have been an issue.

But that aside, I really enjoyed the book and have discovered a new author. I've spent the last few days reading Vicktor's books and have enjoyed every single one I've read.

Warrior's Cross