The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Take My Hand - Lynn Hagen I was hesitant going into this book b/c I hadn't cared for Raven much in previous stories but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading about him and his mate Darcy. I liked that Darcy had what I feel is one of the more realistic reactions to finding out about all the paranormal shenanigans- he was scared, confused and ready to hightail it out of town! I like that he didn't just accept it as easily as finding out that grass is green.

I liked Darcy and Raven together but I do wish we'd gotten a little more in depth with their personalities. I do feel like they balanced each other and I like that Darcy, even though he was human, was willing to stand beside Raven and fight rather than be hidden away like he was helpless.

As much as I enjoyed the MC's I feel like Sterling kind of stole the show. I really enjoyed his character and look forward to reading his story.

Warrior's Cross