The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Heat Rising - Lynn Hagen I enjoyed this book a lot. Spencer and Bear are a really cute couple and there's not a lot of drama and angst surrounding them. It's a really fluffy, sweet romance and Bear is not your the "typical" Alpha male that you find in the Brac universe. He's relatively easy going and while he's protective of Spencer, he's not domineering or overbearing. Spencer is a little timid but he's not (imo) childish or immature. They balance each other well and their dietary differences made me giggle b/c they reminded me of me and my fiance-except he's the health food junkie and I'm the one who thinks sugar and grease are totally their own food groups :)

I was a bit surprised at who the pyro turned out to be and their motivations but it made a crazy kind of sense...what better way to cover up murder AND make sure that you're aware of the investigation w/out having to interject yourself into it and cause suspicion? I was sort of confused about Harley. He was obviously lying to someone about his feelings-I'm just not sure who. I can't help but wonder if he'll show back up in another book. I found myself really liking Bailey and hoping he gets his HEA. I also felt really, really bad for Recker. I know that I probably should feel bad for Leigh b/c violence is never okay and hitting someone for making fun of you isn't okay...but I can't muster up a lot of sympathy for someone who repeatedly makes fun of someone's disability. Maybe by the time he heals he'll have learned some empathy and how not to be a pot stirring jerk.

Warrior's Cross