The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Kobe - Lynn Hagen Pre Read Thoughts:

I had to wait to read this one b/c I wanted to read all the books in the Brac Universe in the correct reading order. But I'm FINALLY ready to read Kobe now and I can't wait b/c I have been anxious to find out what happened to Zion.

Post Read Thoughts: I liked this one. Zion is sweet but he's not meek and he has a core of steel to him that I really like. Kobe is trying to put himself back together and deal with a painful past. They both have broken places but somehow they manage to smooth one another's rough edges and come together and fight to have a better future than they do pasts.

Finding out about Kobe and the extent of his power-or potential power-was really interesting and I can't help but wonder how that's going to play out in later books. I enjoyed the pacing of this and how patient and giving and protective-without being insulting or overbearing-Kobe was with Zion. They both definitely won my heart in this one.

I could have done w/out a couple of the side plots and I'm BEYOND tired of Marino but all in all this book was a winner for me.

Thoughts While Reading:

Okay I don't even have a clue how to pronounce the first word in the book lol.

Kobe has mystery manpain in his past...dun dun dun

Mind control and teleportation...you two must be fun at parties

Compton...I don't like you at all.

Oh no poor Zion :(

Question: Why are there only two Demon Warriors? Um dude...adequate back up is you and your mentor. At least take Panahasi. This is a too stupid to live moment.

How does Panahasi not know about Iam by now? Iam the new leader of the Wood Elves (we found that out in Brac Pack #30.) Panahasi SHOULD know that b/c he's a member of the Ultionem with Ahm and Maverick. Why is this whole "Marino holding the fey hostage" still a thing that's happening?

Zion :(

Oh thank goodness

Methinks so too Hondo.

Takeo has the coolest power

Zion is so guarded, bless his little demon heart.

I wonder why Raphael is so determined to have Zion

Oh Zion :(

Marino you are an idiot. Raphael just played you like a jukebox.

Raph...I need you to die now. Slowly and painfully.

Finally Keegan finds out Iam is okay.

Kobe defensive much? teehee

Ruh Roh...Daddy Kobe is a problem I see

I am oddly bothered by how the demons are called "sluts" b/c they have a lot of (sometimes random) sex while searching for their mates. Slut shaming is not cool yo. They are grown a** um..demons. If they want to have a lot of sex as long as everyone is consenting then there's no judgments to be made. Their body = their business. *nods*

Oh Zion honey it's okay. And given his background Drake should know better. I know he meant no harm but still.

He's trying kill Kobe Panny. It's not that hard to figure out.

Yep here to kill him.

Poor Kobe :(

Oh Zion, poor baby. I feel like we need a "You is kind, you is smart, you is important" moment here.

We have sexy times

I swear I've read that line before (they always took but never gave)

Kobe your being all noble and stuff is giving me blue balls (and I don't even have balls)

Dillon! My baby :)

Oh Zion don't do the thing. YOu were told not to do the thing. Don't do the thing.

You did the thing :/

Crap.

See what happens when you do the thing?!

Just go somewhere and die Raphael!

Kobe did we not talk about the concept of back up? Dang it man.

Oh great Hondo's here. Look all I'm saying ya'll got beat down last time. GO GET HELP YOU NUCKLEHEADS

Kobe...practice your power homie. So we can avoid situations like this!

Oh snap. Marino just changed the game.

Sexy Times are a go.

What is your deal Krule? Get a life and leave your kid alone.

Oh good grief. If Marino becomes immortal I will flip a table.

KOBE!!! How many times are we going to have to discuss MOFO BACK UP???

And another Styre Mente

Krule you got a few screws loose buddy

Okay Kobe...I'll hold your flower. Kick his butt baby.

Poor Kobe :(

Aww so sweet. I'm glad they found each other.

Oh I am beyond tired of Marino. A pox upon his house.

Warrior's Cross