The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

To Have a Human - Amber Kell This was a great beginning to a new series.

I'm a huge fan of Amber Kell's writing. She tends to be able to pack a lot of plot into short stories and this one was no exception. While there is a lot of "typical" shifter trope going through the story the one thing that I feel sets it apart and made me LOVE it was that Carey, the human mate, was NOT a submissive, helpless, diminutive man who needed his big, strong, dominant shifter mate to rescue him. He was an Alpha male in his own right and more than capable, as Broden found out, of handling his own business AND taking care of Broden's as well.

I loved the supporting characters, the world building and the characterization and relationship between the two main characters.

Warrior's Cross