The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Levi - Bailey Bradford This book was an...interesting reading experience for me.

I really struggled to get into this book and finish it. It wasn't a matter of writing style or the plot or anything like that; I just really struggled to connect emotionally to the characters. The only one that I formed any sort of attachment to was Levi's brother Oscar and he was a supporting character. I couldn't really invest in the love story between the two MC b/c I didn't really find them all that interesting or likable. I mean, Lyndon had been dealt a raw deal and had a sad backstory but for me he really lacked personality and Levi just wasn't all that interesting.

To sum it up: This wasn't a bad book, just not my cup of tea. I'm going to read the second installment in the series though b/c it features Oscar and I am interested in him and his story.

Warrior's Cross