The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Heart of a Mate - Stormy Glenn I have a not so secret love of poly relationships, especially in paranormal romances, so the fact that Patch got not one, but two mates just made me twice as excited to read the next story in this series.

This was packed a lot of plot into a short book and I kind of feel like it would have benefited from being a little longer. I really felt for Patch and the situation he found himself in. He was justifiably hurt and angry even if his anger was *somewhat* misdirected. Sam was the sweetest guy and I really liked how patient and loving he was with Patch. (I did have this really random moment where I wondered if Stormy was a fan of Days of Our Lives b/c there was a character on there named "Patch" who was part of a super popular couple and always called his lady love "Sweetness"...which is the moniker that Sam bestows on Patch lol)

Seeing Otto again reminded me of how bad I felt for him in the previous books when he was pretty much strong armed into becoming the Alpha of his psycho father's pride. I always thought he got a really raw deal just so everyone else could ride off into the sunset with their mates so I was glad to see him get a chance to be happy as well.

There are some moments where it almost feels there's a little too much plot going on b/c things get a little lost and disjointed at various points but overall I enjoyed the book.

Warrior's Cross