The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Protecting a Wanted Mate - Anitra Lynn McLeod This started out pretty good and then just went downhill. I'm giving it two stars mostly for the beginning and because I've adored Billy since the beginning of the series and really enjoyed Cody, especially in the first few chapters. About midway through though this book came dangerously close to me not finishing.

I'm starting to realize that I enjoy the books in this series when the focus is less about the shifters and the lore surrounding them and more about the MC's and their relationship. Whenever a new element is introduced into the lore like the shadows in previous books or what happens with Cody in this one (was NOT a fan of that at all) the train goes off the track and I find it a struggle to finish reading and am pretty unsatisfied and frustrated at the end. By contrast when the story is character, rather than plot driven, I tend to enjoy the books much, much more.

Warrior's Cross