The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

A Very Tate Christmas - Vicktor Alexander This was a cute read and nice little "fluff" spot in the series.

I'm really enjoying the Tate Pack series but if I have one complaint it's that it feels like I'm constantly reading out of order. Characters are introduced and we're given pieces of their backstory BEFORE we get their books and its quite jarring and takes me out of the story b/c I'm constantly getting the sense that I somehow missed a book or a story in between.

For example: In this book Alex and Ross are mentioned and I have absolutely no idea who Alex and Ross are. Maurice and Calvin are featured but again, I have no earthly idea who they are (this story definitely made me anxious to meet them though). But they are written as if I should already know who they are and be familiar with them. This happens quite a lot in this series. Like, Inconceivable is listed as book 2 in the series, but there's a scene that involves several pack members and their mates...and some of them hadn't been introduced yet. Such as Howell's mate Michael. It was very jarring to A) find out Howell had a mate and then B) have his mate introduced and pretty much his entire background given out in a few sentences in someone else's book. It's also super spoilery b/c even though I KNOW everyone is going to have a HEA, being introduced them happy, mated and living on the ranch takes all the tension and mystery out of their stories when you eventually get to them. After reading Inconceivable I wasn't worried when I read Unassumed b/c I already knew Howell and his mate ended up at the ranch happy, healthy and in love.

But that's a minor complaint. Overall I'm really enjoying this series and falling more and more in love with this author

Warrior's Cross