The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Rapture - A.J. Llewellyn, D.J. Manly This is a two and a half star read for me. It would have been three stars as I enjoyed 3/4 of the book but there were some things in the last quarter of it that soured the overall reading experience for me. The fact that Rory basically led Jack to his death and had zero cares to give about it b/c he was so wrapped up in Carden's drama seriously rubbed me the wrong way. Especially since Rory had treated Jack so shabbily during their time together-sleeping with Carden behind his back and not having the decency to be a man and be honest about it. For him to drag Jack into danger, get him killed and then show zero remorse, care or concern for him really made my opinion of Rory go downhill. And I'm bummed that Suede and Silk were killed off.

Warrior's Cross