The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

To Kiss a Killer - Amber Kell I was really looking forward to this book b/c all throughout the series Aden had been one of my favorite characters. In the interest of fairness and total disclosure, despite my adoration of Aden this story started out with a strike against it for me b/c of Gallen being Aden's mate. Not of a fan of Gallen's character and this book didn't really do anything to sway me over to his side. Add to that I feel like of all the couples their connection is the weakest. They didn't really spend any time bonding with one another. I totally understand they are supernatural soulmates...I just don't feel like there's anything else between them. With all the other couples I feel like even if the mate bond didn't exist they'd be a good fit and would belong together...I don't get that feeling from Aden and Gallen. They don't seem to have any chemistry.

My other issue with the book is it feels like filler. It feels like it's just a transition piece between the end of this series and the beginning of the next one. The story is kind of weak and while I realize a lot of the open ended questions are done with the intention of laying the groundwork for the new series in mind, it feels very undone and the ending very rushed.

All that being said, it wasn't a bad book, but I don't feel like Aden got the story (or in my humble opinion) the mate he deserved.

Warrior's Cross