The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Turquoise and Leather - Kim Dare This was an incredibly solid D/s themed short story that kept me engaged from the beginning until the end. I do wish it had been longer because the main characters, Eric and George, are both interesting characters who have fabulous chemistry together.

One of the things I liked most about this book is how Eric wants to keep some of himself, for himself. He has submissive tendencies but he's not in the lifestyle and everything is new to him and I feel like most authors would have gone the stereotypical route and had him take to be a sub like a fish to water, throwing himself in wholeheartedly and accepting any and all of George's terms without reservation. In this story that doesn't happen even though there is a clear coming together of both characters and clearly defined roles per Dom and sub.

Warrior's Cross