The View Through the Looking Glass

I'm an avid reader and aspiring author with an unhealthy devotion to the written word. From the classics to guilty pleasures and all points in between...I just love to read.   My primary focus at the moment is male/male romance, usually with a paranormal element thrown in. This is a place for me to rave about books I loved and rant about those I didn't.

Most Likely To Succeed - Shawn Lane I liked this story for the most part. Clark and Thomas were both easy to like and engaging characters and they were both genuinely good guys. The being so short meant that things moved rather quickly but that wasn't in and of itself a bad thing; I just wished we could have had more of a build up and more time to go in depth and really get to know the characters.

My only real complaint is Thomas forgives Clark WAY too easily. I have a this really weird fondness for stories where one of the MC does the other a bad turn and messes up big and then has to woo them back and it always sort of irks me when the other MC gives in too quickly. Clark didn't even give Thomas a chance to explain and not only broke up with him without so much as a see you later, but FIRED him as well. I feel like Thomas should have been a lot less willing to just throw back in with Clark-especially after so much time with no contact.

Warrior's Cross